Welcome to Khmelnitskyi!
We like our town. Wherever we go we are always glad to come back to our native town. There is no other place in the world where we can feel like home.
Known since the end of the 15th century as Ploskyriv (Ploskirov), it was renamed Proskuriv in 1780. So the river Ploska gave it’s name. And since XVIII century till the middle of the XX our city has this name. In 1954 Proskuriv was renamed Khmel'nyts'kyy to mark the 300th anniversary of the Treaty of Pereyaslav, which the Ukrainian
Cossack hetman, or leader, Bohdan Khmel'nyts'kyi,
signed with Moscow, thereby ending the Cossacks' revolt against Poland and aligning them with Russia. Population 290000 (2010y.).
The educations establishments are famous for the excellent quality of education. Everybody knows Khmelnitskyi nationality university, Khmelnitskyi humanitarian academy and etc.
Today there are many other schools, colleges, institutes, universities, where study students not only from Ukraine, but also from foreign states.
There are theatres, cinemas, museums, libraries, clubs, squares and parks. There is also the Philarmony, Palace of Culture.
The main street of Khmelnitskyi is Proskyrivska street. The streets are long and beautiful. They are always in motion, sometimes even happen traffic jams.
We love our town very much. Well come to Khmelnitskyi!